September 22, 2021 – 9:00am
Texas Department of State Health Services, Robert Bernstein Building Room K-100, First Floor
1100 West 49th Street
Austin, TX 78751
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting here. Select the tab for the Winters Public Hearing Room Live on the date and time for this meeting. Email Webcasting if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
This meeting will also be conducted via videoconference call in accordance with the requirements of Section 551.127, Government Code. The member of the Council presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome, logistical announcements, and roll call
- Consideration of the June 23, 2021, meeting minutes
- Neonatal and maternal designation programs – Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Placenta Accreta Syndrome Disorder (PASD) subcommittee report discussion
- Overview of HB 1164, 87th Legislature, Regular Session, 2021
- Placenta Accreta Disorders – Clinical Impact/Risk Factors/Screening
- Patient Advocacy Perspective – Speaker for National Accreta Foundation
- Subcommittee Report
- Subcommittee Consideration Recommendations
- Proposed maternal level of care designation rule language related to HB 1164
- PAC discussion on PASD subcommittee report
- Public comment
The council may take any action on any agenda item.
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to neonatal and maternal levels of care designation programs for Texas hospitals. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may choose from the following options:
- Members of the public may pre-register to provide oral comments at the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form. Pre-registration is not required (see #3 below). Please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Registration form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to PAC members and State staff. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to PAC immediately after pre-registering, but no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, September 20, 2021, and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments or handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to PAC members and State staff.
- Members of the public may provide written public comments before the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comment may email the comments to PAC no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, September 20, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments must be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to PAC members and State staff.
- Members of the public may provide oral public comment during the meeting without pre-registering by completing a form at the entrance to the meeting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to David Williams, Council Coordinator, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-380-4374, or email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Williams at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.